You are here
What We Do
NAAFLS is a government funded Aboriginal organisation and NACLC accredited community legal service. We provide professional, comprehensive and culturally safe assistance and advice to Aboriginal and Torres Strait lslander victims of family violence, in remote Top End communities.
On Saturday 30 May 2015 at the NEAFL Indigenous Round, for which NAAFVLS was a primary partner, our CEO, Mr Tony Lane announced that our organization would now be known as the North Australian Family Legal Service (NAAFLS).
NAAFLS provides the following services:
- Legal advice and assistance in areas of:
- Family Violence;
- Care and Protection of Children;
- Victims of Crime Compensation;
- Family Law;
- lnformation, support and referral services;
- Community legal education and family violence prevention initiatives; and
- Law reform activities
As of July 2015, NAAFLS has expanded its service delivery to 44 communities in the Top End and Katherine regions.